Discrete treatment for migraine
1 to 2 tablets per day.
In difficult cases, the dosage can be increased to 3 tablets per day without exceeding it.
Distribute the doses at the evening meal and at bedtime.
Oxetorone, aimed at modifying the migraine terrain, should be taken daily for several months.
Oxetorone has no effect on the migraine attack formed and can be associated with other anti-migraine drugs, in particular those used in treatment of the crisis.
History of hypersensitivity to oxetorone or to any of the constituents of the drug.
- Effects on the reproductive organs and endocrine effects: Exceptional cases of hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea and mammary hypertrophy.
- Effects on the central nervous system: They occur mainly at high doses: drowsiness especially at the start of treatment, extrapyramidal manifestations (hypertonia, dyskinesia, tremors) of unknown frequency.
- Psychiatric effects: Unknown frequency: depressive syndrome, withdrawal syndrome on discontinuation of treatment.
- Digestive effects:
- Exceptionally: profuse diarrhea giving way to discontinuation of treatment.
- Frequency unknown: microscopic colitis (lymphocytic colitis or collagen colitis).
- Metabolism and nutrition disorders: Unknown frequency: excessive appetite.
The symptoms which could be observed are those of intoxication by neuroleptics: very severe parkinsonian syndrome, coma. Seizures and cardiac conduction disturbances have also been reported.
Mechanisms of action.
Oxetorone is an H1 antihistamine that also has serotonin and dopamine antagonist properties. It also has analgesic and antiemetic properties.