Forearm pain caused by scarring
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of pain in the elbow and forearm of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Cervical spine surgery by posterior approach
- Cervical surgery by anterior approach
- Shoulder, collarbone, thoraco-brachial outlet surgery
- Pain after posterior lifting of the arm(s)
- Elbow surgery
- Wound and hematoma of elbow and forearm
- Truncal anesthesia of the radial, ulnar and median nerves in the elbow and forearm
- Wrist surgery
- Hand surgery
- Wound and hematoma of the wrist, hand and fingers
- Infiltrations of the wrist, hand and fingers
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.