Pain in the arm, elbow and forearm caused by scarring
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of pain in the elbow and forearm of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Cervical spine surgery by posterior approach
- Cervical surgery by anterior approach
- Shoulder, collarbone, thoraco-brachial outlet surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Pain after posterior lifting of the arm(s)
- Wound and hematoma of elbow and forearm
- Truncal anesthesia of the radial, ulnar and median nerves in the elbow and forearm
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.