Pain in the buttocks and the root of the thigh caused by scarring
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of lumbar pain of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Lumbar spine surgery:
- by anterior approach
- by posterior approach
- Wound, hematoma, burn in the lumbar region
- Obstetric or other epidural
- Infiltration of the lumbar spine, rhizolysis
- Wound, hematoma, burning of the buttocks
- Taking bone graft from the iliac crest.
- Pudendal nerve surgery
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.