Pain in the wrist and hand caused by scarring
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of pain in the elbow and forearm of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Cervical spine surgery by posterior approach
- Cervical surgery by anterior approach
- Shoulder, collarbone, thoraco-brachial outlet surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Wound and hematoma of elbow and forearm
- Truncal anesthesia of the radial, ulnar and median nerves in the elbow and forearm (pending)
- Wrist surgery
- Hand surgery
- Wound and hematoma of wrist, hand and fingers (pending)
- Infiltrations of the wrist, hand and fingers (pending)
- Truncal anesthesia of the radial, ulnar and median nerves at the wrist (pending)
- Hand shoulder syndrome
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.