Shoulder and arm pain caused by scarring
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of shoulder and arm pain of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Shoulder, collarbone, thoraco-brachial outlet surgery
- Cervical spine surgery by posterior approach
- Cervical spine surgery by anterior approach
- Breast surgery
- Pain after posterior lifting of the arm(s)
- Elbow surgery
- Locoregional anesthesia by cervical approach
- Locoregional anesthesia by infraclavicular approach
- Locoregional anesthesia by axillary approach
- Axillary thoracic drainage
- Wound and hematoma of the shoulder, arm
- Contraceptive implant
- Hand shoulder syndrome
- Installation of a central channel by subclavian access.
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.