Composition of the postero-median muscle chain:
The main part consists of the head and trunk muscles, from top to bottom:
–Tensed musculo-aponeurotic structures from the occiput to the orbital region.
-Semispinatus, longissimus of the head.
-Thoracic and lumbar longissimus, thoracic and lumbar iliocostals.
-Epispinatus muscles. (multifidial, thoracic semispinatus). (multifidial, thoracic semispinatus)
- At the level of the upper limb:
-The main chain extends towards the upper limb through the vertebral portion of the latissimus dorsi and the lower trapezius.
-Infraspinatus and teres minor.
– Posterior deltoid.
-Brachial triceps (long portion) and aponeurotic expansion on the epitrochlea.
– Finger flexors.
– Round and square pronator.
- At the level of the lower limb:
-Through the lumbar aponeurosis and the greater and lesser sacrospinous ligaments, the trunk chain passes through the gluteus maximus muscle to reach the lower limb.
– Semi-tendinous and Semi-membranous (internal hamstrings).
– Soleus and flexors of the toes.
– Short flexor of the toes, square plantar and plantar aponeurosis.