Analgesic drugs not related to other classes of analgesics. No anti-inflammatory effect, no antipyretic effect, no slowing of transit, no respiratory depression.
Symptomatic treatment of acute painful conditions, particularly postoperative pain.
This medication only exists for injections, it can however be prescribed orally, simply break the ampoule and drink it. This medication is not indicated for the treatment of chronic pain.
– Per Os: one ampoule every 4 to 6 hours without exceeding 120 mg/day (6 ampoules).
– IM route: Nefopam must be administered by deep IM. The usual recommended dose is 20 mg per injection. If necessary, it can be repeated every 6 hours without exceeding a total dose of 120 mg/24 hours.
– IV route: Nefopam must be administered by slow IV infusion over more than 15 minutes, with the patient in the supine position, in order to avoid the occurrence of adverse effects (nausea, dizziness, sweating). The usual recommended single dose is 20 mg per injection, repeated every 4 hours, if necessary, without exceeding a total dose of 120 mg/24 hours.
– Hypersensitivity to nefopam or to any of the constituents of Acupan.
– Children under 15, in the absence of a clinical study.
– Seizures or a history of seizure disorders.
– Risks of urinary retention linked to urethroprostatic disorders.
– Risk of glaucoma due to angle closure.
Warnings and precautions for use:
There is a risk of dependence with Nefopam.
Acupan is not indicated for the treatment of chronic painful conditions but may be prescribed for short periods as an adjuvant treatment.
Nefopam is not recommended with alcohol and other sedative substances.
Precautions for use:
Particular care should be taken:
– in case of liver failure;
– in the event of renal insufficiency, due to the risk of accumulation and therefore the increased risk of adverse effects;
– in all patients with cardiovascular pathology due to the tachycardic effect of the product
– treatment with Nefopam is not recommended in the elderly.
Side effects :
– Excitability, irritability, hallucination, abuse, drug dependence.
– Drowsiness, dizziness, convulsion.
– Tachycardia, palpitation.
– Retention of urine.
– Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting
– Allergic reactions, urticaria.
Not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding (no studies)
Anticholinergic manifestations with tachycardia, convulsions, hallucinations. Treatment is symptomatic.