Anterior neck pain of scarring origin
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of anterior cervical pain of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Cervical spine surgery:
- Anterior approach
- Intraoperative head fixation system
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Cervical lymph node dissection
- Parotid surgery
- Carotid surgery
- ENT cancer surgery (pending)
- Placement or removal of an implantable port (SIEV)
- Placement of central venous line by jugular approach
- Loco-regional anesthesia of the brachial plexus by cervical approach (BIS, ultrasound-guided)
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.