Lumbar pain of scar origin
We will first recall the notion of cicatricial neuropathy.
The causes of lumbar pain of scarring origin are (non-exhaustive):
- Lumbar spine surgery:
- by posterior approach
- Open abdominal surgery (Stomach, small intestine, colon, gallbladder, pancreas, liver, spleen, etc.)
- Open renal, ureteral or adrenal surgery
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgery (Stomach, small intestine, colon, gallbladder, pancreas, liver, spleen, etc.)
- Kidney or ureteral or adrenal surgery by laparoscopic route
- Open gynecological surgery or caesarean section
- Open or laparoscopic or robotic prostate surgery
- Wound, hematoma, burn in the lumbar region
- Obstetric or other epidural
- Infiltration of the lumbar spine, rhizolysis
- Wound, hematoma, burning of the buttocks
If in doubt, if the symptoms do not correspond, you can refer to the guide to muscle pain.